Sunday, June 22, 2014

What's Up with Denise?

Insane Author Person


Okay, I promised not to drop off the face of the Earth, but right after that I received edits for the Crazy Duck Press edition of My Fearful Symmetry. After I finished those, I had to do some re-writes on Cara Mia, which I should be done with tonight.

Happy Dance!




All that being said, I'm looking forward to a July release of My Fearful Symmetry from Crazy Duck Press. I hope to have copies of this new edition at Confluence in Pittsburgh.

In addition to all these new editions of the Immortyl Revolution books, I've been doing research for a fantasy novel set in an 18th century-esque, South Seas culture.  A lot of this has been on exotic diseases and archaic medical practices. A serious yuck factor, but it's interesting stuff. Yes, I'm one of those crazy people who read the CDC and NIH sites for fun. 

For the urban fantasy novel I finished last summer, it was bugs that had me obsessed. Giant centipedes to be exact. Have you ever seen a centipede fight? If you haven't, look at this video on YouTube

Seriously, you'll never sleep tight again.








No comments: