Thursday, April 22, 2010

Interview with author, Cissy Hunt

















Cissy is on her Author's Supporting Authors Virtual Book Tour, and if you leave a comment for her, you will be entered in a drawing for her book.  Please become a blog follower, so we may contact you by e-mail if you are the winner.  Cissy, welcome to the blog today!  What age group is your work geared toward?


CH: Because of the subject matter, domestic abuse, I would say probably the age of 16. The age young girls start dating.

Into which genre would you say your work falls and why?

CH: I would say Christian fiction, because my book deals with spiritual healing also. A woman comes out of a abusive relationship beaten up physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

Tell us a little about your book.

CH: My book, A Rose Blooms Among the Thorns, tells the story of a woman's journey from domestic abuse through healing to forgiveness.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

CH: My favorite character is the main character, LaRae Jones, because she overcomes her aversities of being the victim of domestic abuse to helping other women overcome being victims.

What other writers would you say have influenced your work and why? What are some of your favorite books in the genre?

CH: I can't say any specific writer influnced my work. I have read many authors throughout the years and like them. My favorite authors in my genre are Beverly Lewis and Lori Wick, but I guess my most favorite book of all would have to be Gone With the Wind. I first read it in the eighth grade and have loved it every since.

What is your writing process like? Do you do a lot of background research? Do you plot every detail or do you prefer the characters to move the story in new directions, or a combination of both? Do you belong to a critique group and do you find this helpful?

CH: This was my first book and I don't really have a specific process. I did some research for statistics and I fasted for a month and a half before starting this book. I fasted because writing this book would take me on a journey I didn;t really want to go on but had to, a journey into my past.

Do you have any advice for young or beginning writers?

CH: Yes, if you love to write do it. Start with one sentence at a time.

Who is your publisher and where are your books available? Are there e-books and hard copies available?

CH: My publisher is PublishAmerica. My book can be bought at my publisher's website http://www.publishamerica.net/product87441.html and at my personal website  http://cissyh.webs.com/.

Can readers friend you on Facebook?

CH: My website http://cissyh.webs.com and on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/A-Rose-Blooms-Among-the-Thorns/101777343191000

Are there any upcoming signings or appearances you'd like to mention?

CH: Not at this time but I am working on setting up booksignings in my hometown

Cissy thank you for joining me today! 

No comments: