Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Interview with author, Nedyne Shorts-Nettles

Today I welcome Nedyne Shorts-Nettles, as part of her Authors Promoting Authors Virtual Book Tour. Please post a comment to enter to win a copy of her book at the end of her tour.  Please, follow this blog for updates.


Nedyne,welcome!  What age group is your work geared toward?

Since this book has adult subject matter, I would gear it towards 18 years of age and up.
Into which genre would you say your work falls and why?

Poison Reality: a symphony of bittersweet is a fictional suspense melodrama. The story has a protagonist who is a detective named Bill Edwards, there are many unforeseen dangers that keep the reader on the edge of his /her seat. This novel follows the “formula” for being in the suspense category it has”, state of confusion”, “realization,” a “main event” and “climax” before the ending.

Tell us a little about your book.

It is a potent tale of failings and ultimate redemption that frame our collective existence, displaying for the reader both how vulnerable and strong we can all be when confronting the mercurial challenges of life. With strong, believable characters and intriguing storylines.  Poison Reality is a fast-paced, solid human interest story, one that leaves you with such an indelible impression with the turning of the final page.

Who is your favorite character in your book and why?

The Ned character one of the central hubs of my novel moving from woman to woman is someone we see time and time again. He is a man who is nice looking and the women just wanted him as an arm piece. They don’t take time to find out much about him. They are just tired of being alone. This character is so cunning that I really had fun writing him.

What other writers would you say have influenced your work and why? What are some of your favorite books in the genre?

I wanted to see a fresh story something that relates to our everyday lives I love books written by Tom Wolfe. One in particular, The bonfire of the vanities. Another great book Waiting to Exhale by Terry McMIllan and Tara Road by Maeve Binchy. Each of these authors paid attention to realism and wrote a very action oriented book that took the imagination to the same heights as a epic movie.
What is your writing process like?

I am a new author and utilize the process of Brainstorming and Freestyle. Brainstorming is when an idea is kicked around and opinions are sought in order to maintain realism. Freestyling is playing with a theme and just letting it evolve naturally. A lot of the background was developed from my personal encounters with people, venues and situations. I do not belong to a critique group and will probably pursue one when writing my next book.

Do you have any advice for young or beginning writers?

My advice to new writers is the same advice my parents gave to me. “Nothing beats a failure but a try”. If you have a story and feel like you can write do it, do not write for money because that is not going to happen. And when you have written your novel don’t wait for success to fall in your lap. My suggestion to you is to gather a network of support. Join writer groups and write blogs. Do not count on book signings because unless you have created a buzz you will not find much success. I suggest you read an article written by Joanne Vandrmuelen written Jan31 2010 called New 5-star reviews on Amazon. The website to go to is http;//bit.ly/92Ec1b.

Who is your publisher and where are your books available? Are there e-books and hard copies available?

Publish America is my publisher.my books can be found on amazon.com or through www.publishamerica.com suspense genre number 19. My books also can be found on other sites by google under Poison reality: a symphony of bittersweet.

What are your websites or blogs where readers can learn more? Can they friend you on Facebook or other sites?

Http://Nedyne.webs.com/, www.bkwalkerbooks.com, and apex book for their reviews, http;//www.gateringauthor.com. I would add people as a friend on my Facebook.

Are there any upcoming signings or appearances you'd like to mention?

I am currently waiting for my book trailer which will be on You Tube. There are book signings but the dates are not set yet.

Nedyne, thanks for joining me today.  Readers follow this blog for more updates and author interviews.  Please visit my website at http://www.deniseverricoauthor.webs.com/ for more information on the Immortyl Revolution series.

No comments: